Whether it’s raising money or a ruckus in the stands, cooking chili, or playing golf, the Greyhound Boosters are an active group of Hound fans. Find out how to join the fun and become a booster this season.
Want to be a part of a fantastic athletic association within your community?
The Moberly Greyhound Booster Club would love for you to join them!
The Moberly Greyhound Booster Club is a 501(c)(3) organization associated with the Moberly Area Community College and is a vital part of the Greyhound and Lady Greyhound Basketball teams. These teams compete in the National Junior College Athletic Association, (NJCAA), in Division I of Region 16. The men’s basketball teams have one of the winningest programs in junior college history with four NJCAA Championships, three NJCAA runners-up, and four third place finishes. In addition, they have had 27 national tournament appearances and have recorded the most National Tournament wins. The women’s team won the NJCAA National Championship in 1982 and the Lady Greyhounds have made 14 national tournament appearances since the program was established in 1977. Many athletes from both programs have continued on to the NCAA Division 1 level and a number of them have played professionally.
The Moberly Greyhound Booster Club relies heavily on their members to promote these basketball programs and assist with the activities of the Club.
Annually, the Moberly Greyhound Booster Club is responsible for the following:
- Pay for all out of state recruiting and player travel per NJCAA rules
- Pay for weekend and additional meals for team members not covered by scholarships
- Purchase travel suits, sweat suits, shirts, and bags for the Men’s and Women’s basketball teams
- Provide funding for summer school for athletes needing additional hours to complete their 2-year degree
- Sponsor and support the MACC Sports Hall of Fame with induction, recognition, and awards
- Co-sponsor the MACC athletic banquet in April, providing awards for the past season and sponsoring athletic Alumni
- Hold multiple “meet and greet” events for new players, prospects, coaches, members, and the public per NJCAA rules
- Sponsor a reception for basketball related reunions in conjunction with the MACC Alumni Association
- Sponsor a golf tournament the last Monday of June as the major fundraiser for the organization
- Hold a Chili Supper as a fundraiser during the basketball season
- Sell Commemorative coins of relevant past Greyhound dignitaries as a fundraiser.
- Any other fundraising activities as needed to support the programs
- Organize and fund a Thanksgiving Holiday dinner for players and coaches
- Assist the coaches and teams with additional requests as needed
Dues to join this organization are only $100 annually. Or, if you prefer, you may buy a season ticket package offered by the Moberly Area Community College that includes your Booster Club membership in the package price. Please consider joining the Moberly Greyhound Booster Club. Membership is vital to the Club and is a fun and rewarding experience. The athletes are a wonderful group of young men and women who know the members personally and are very appreciative of the Club’s support.
Please call Pat Burke at (660) 263-1057 for more information regarding joining the Moberly Greyhound Booster Club!
The Greyhound Booster Club generally meets once a month for a business meeting. The meeting usually takes place on the first Monday of the month.